Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Fearfully and wonderfully made

With a thankful heart and an able body I stepped onto the soccer field again today! Similarly, going waterskiing on vacation felt profoundly good. Over the last few months I have become so aware of how thankful I continually am for my body, for all it has done for me and all it continues to do for me.  My body is amazing. It has birthed 3 children, 2 of those at the 'same' time. I fed the children almost exclusively from my body for their first 6 months! How incredible is that. I am committed to always speaking kindly of my body, for it is fearfully and wonderfully made by the Creator of the universe! My body tells a beautiful story and it is beautifully strong. My varicose veins used to bother me, now I say, who cares, I'm alive! Thank you body for all you continue to do for me! Furthermore, with a background in biochemistry I marvel at all the intricacies keeping me alive.

 Here's a picture of the best date ever- waterskiing in the evening on a glassy Lake at Camp Oshkidee.

PS. For those curious - more updates about our fantastic trip to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you Cheryl (and Ryan) I am thankful right along with you and all that you are learning. Your journey has encouraged me and blessed me.
    May God continue to give you everything you need along this life path. Valerie

    ReplyDelete