Thursday, February 24, 2011

Psalms 39

I've never read this Psalm before. It struck me as I read it. David's words are fitting for today's society and they are so very clear and full of truth and need no explanation.



4
“Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
Remind me that my days are numbered—
how fleeting my life is.
5 You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;
at best, each of us is but a breath.”

6 We are merely moving shadows,
and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.
We heap up wealth,
not knowing who will spend it.
7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in you.
8 Rescue me from my rebellion.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, so many updates! We missed you last night. Been thinking about you off and on this week. We'll have to catch up again some time.

    Glad the youth conference went well. I too like that "God in my living" song.

    In times of struggles, and in places where we didnt' want to be I too feel we lean into God in ways we wouldn't otherwise have. We learn about his love, his presence and the power of him speaking through His word straight to our hearts. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete