Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Brother in Law

So my brother in law (my sister's husband) gave me a hard time after I wrote my blog about my sister: "when are you going to write nice stuff about me on your blog?" I joked with him that I would write nice things when enough had been accrued to warrant a blog and in that case he might be waiting a while. He's the joking type of person, in fact it makes him easy to be around, and so I'm certain he's long forgot about that conversation. But being the kind, compassionate, thoughtful sister-in-law that I am, I've been thinking about that conversation I had with Jason. So while I'm not sure how he figures he's next in line to get a blog post (sorry Mom and Dad, I do realize you are my next of kin not blogged about thus far), I thought perhaps I ought to set the record straight right here in public. You see, I do love my brother-in-law and he is a great husband to my sister and a good "second" brother to my husband. It's wonderful to have Jason in the family; his spontaneity is refreshing. Though I must mention that sometimes his lack of planning nearly pushes me to frustration. And of course he does make playing word games with the family much more irritating. Strike that, he makes playing word games with the family irritating. They were never irritating before he entered the picture. And honestly, couldn't my sister really use someone who helps keep her car clean, as opposed to multiplying the grime? (Though I suppose his promotion of her cooking as gourmet makes us for that a bit; except for the fact that Carmen is now too nervous to have company for dinner because Jason touts her cooking as gourmet to all their friends!)

But, I do appreciate that Jason has taken me under his wing. He enrolled me in his MIT program in August when we were camping in Revelstoke and I fell absolutely smitten with my niece. I have high hopes that I will soon graduate from my Mother-in-Training program since I am anxiously awaiting to be an expectant mother. (Though I think perhaps Jason is equally as excited as us for us to have a baby sometime--hopefully--soon. Indeed he was the person I was most excited to tell that we were expecting, back in fall. And now that the secret that we're ready to start our family is out of the bag, well the pressure for us to procreate has subsided. It is my hope, however, that Jason's prayers for twins or multiples for us have also stopped. I think he and my sister said that they hoped we had twins or more just because Ryan and I plan life too much and some things (aka children) are not always supposed to planned to such a T. Well here I declare that I fully acknowledge that having children does not go according to plan. My plan has been thwarted and twins would, I think, be just too much :)

There you have it. My brother-in-law Jason, is a stand-up guy. And if any of you readers live in the Calgary area, he's also a phenomenal finishing carpenter. And he sells these snazzy garage cabinetry. See Jason, I've got glowing things to say about you and indeed, I, we (Ryan and I) would absolutely love it if you moved out our way. We can't get enough of you! (and your children are adorable and perhaps I'd progress more quickly in my MIT program if I had more hands on time with the kids)

So Jason, you get Auntie Cheryl's big stamp of approval, and a blog post to go with it. And I think you deserve it.

Go Roughriders!

No comments:

Post a Comment