Monday, March 21, 2011

Congratulations Dr. Erin!

I've been very tired for the past couple weeks; perhaps going too hard at life all at once or just the result of enjoying a nice full schedule. Whatever the reason it has been very nice to enjoy a 4 day weekend. My friend Erin arrived from Saskatoon on Wednesday night. Friday was relaxing as I was able to show off a bit of Chilliwack with a hike up Teapot at Cultus Lake and a stroll along the Vedder Rotary trail. In the evening, I tried to hone my skill at the game The a-MAZE-ing Labyrinth, to no avail. Erin remains the champion of her game in our relationship! Saturday we unknowingly decided to fight the crowds on a trip to the Seattle Premium Outlets; I was absolutely shocked at the hour and a half wait at the border - that's what spring break does, I guess. However, the "stress" of the line-up dissolved on Sunday as we soaked all our cares away in Harrison Hot Springs: a great mini retreat (and a congratulatory one-night trip for Erin) as both Erin and I have come through a bit of stressful times lately.

Now I will send (well, drive) Erin to her next destination on her little getaway (hello Vancouver). How wonderful to be able to celebrate with friends in their accomplishments. Way to go Erin, PhD!

No comments:

Post a Comment