I have been very tired the last week. I had to learn how to rest LOTS in order to feel good this week; but, with pacing myself (and going to bed right after the kids!) and keeping activities spaced I have had a lovely Christmas. It was so wonderful to see all three kids fully loving Christmas!!! And today I have been blessed with a surprise abundance of energy! Last week mild headaches and vision changes started (similar to before my tumor removal). If these increase I may have to go on steroids (most brain cancer patients are on steroids post-op or during treatment, so I have done well!), but it is my goal to stay off them. (I do not want the sleep issues and mood and metabolic changes they bring with them). So I have been emphasizing rest and it seems to have paid off well.
That said, I have been thinking more about my "self-care". I want to find weekly space to really delve into writing more (legacy pieces and maybe finish the novel I started years ago?!). I dream of a place to retreat (since our place is too small to escape the noise of our family and my bedtime has been very early). My dream is a place at Cultus Lake, but really any quiet zone in Chilliwack, Cultus Lake or Abbotsford with a private space with a place to relax (ie. couch or bed) and a table or desk to write at would be wonderful. I am exploring monthly spiritual mini-retreats, but do long for weekly solitude.
So I will ask: does anyone have a space they are not using once a week, during the weekday daytime that they are willing for me to retreat to?
Blessings of Christmas:
- The joy of our children and of spending time with extended family, both in person and via video chat
- Playing in the snow and getting the twins outside and seeing them love it!!! (They kinda got a bit cooped-up when the weather turned cold and I started getting more tired a couple weeks ago, so this was refreshing)
- For a suitable "retreat-zone" to come my way
- Thankfulness that I only have 8 more radiation treatments left!
- The twins have colds again, so far they are still sleeping through the night - pray this continues and that I continue to avoid the colds (I'm tired enough without getting a cold!)
Thank you for the messages I have received. As I get more tired, it is difficult to always reply. Please know that if I haven't replied, that I have still deeply appreciated your messages. I am certain I do not even know the amount of people reading my blog; but, I thank you for journeying with me. Also, I feel so surrounded by love and support when I voice a need and it abundantly gets met. Thank you!