Sunday, November 20, 2016

Rain on my parade

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and encouragement. I have been encouraged to keep my head up and to look up, and I find the play on these literary terms remarkable: the secular uses these phrases in a passing way of encouraging optimism while we as Christians know that the whole reason to keep our heads up is to fix our eyes on the One who empowers.

“But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭3:3‬ ‭NIV‬‬ 

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith. Who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of God."
Reference: somewhere in Hebrews I think, my internet is spotty so I'm having trouble looking it up :)

This second verse I memorized as a preteen at camp and can recite it still. It is so meaningful as it turns my eyes to Christ, reminds me of his power to conquer death, and focuses my attention to joy in the unbearably difficult.

I want you to know that through encouragement I received yesterday and the experiences of today I have adopted the following motto: "No one can rain on my parade."  

You see day 1 of California has been cool, rainy, and much too reminicent of BC weather. However, we had a lovely day today despite this weather. AND we had a nice time at Disney despite getting soaked and them cancelling the parade that Rayna and I were so looking forward to (Though really I did question why rain necessitated a cancellation- guess I'm a true west coast girl now!) And I don't usually pray on the weather front but my prayer life has entered all realms lately so I can honestly say that I had a good day today but I am praying for dry tomorrow😊

No comments:

Post a Comment