Thursday, April 12, 2018

A Legacy Prayer


My prayer for my children is that they find the “more and life than they ever dreamed of” that John 10:10 (MSG) offers.

Isaiah 40:27-31

27 O Jacob, how can you say the Lord does not see your troubles?
    O Israel, how can you say God ignores your rights?
28 Have you never heard?
    Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
    No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
29 He gives power to the weak
    and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
    and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.

(These verses have been some of my mom’s favorites and she has them cross-stitched on her wall)


Deut. 30:19


19 “Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!


Children, my prayer is that you choose to claim as your own the following prayer that I have written and continually pray.

I stand in truth: God’s power is unstoppable! His love knows no bounds. Believing this whole-heartedly is how I soar like an eagle doing the impossible, stepping in to the uncomfortable.  Believing, hoping, and persevering through the muck, having my eyes on the prize: Jesus.  I remember those who have gone before me: my witnesses attesting to God’s goodness.  I stand on the promises they claimed.  And I experience that in Jesus I am more ALIVE than ever before.  I have a Jesus who overcame death to claim LIFE!  Thank- you Jesus, I shall not squander or dwindle this precious gift of life.  NO, I choose to live boldly and courageously, that MY faith shall be a rock that MY ancestors stand on.  God of mercy, God of hope, God of love I thank you for the legacy I come from.  I thank you for the legacy you are establishing through me.  I pray for profound legacies to follow my children as they choose to say yes Jesus, I believe.  As they choose LIFE.





No comments:

Post a Comment