Thursday, April 12, 2018

Update!


This past month has been full.  In March I delighted in celebrating my oldest daughter turning 6.  I had such joy in planning and orchestrating her party and of course, she delighted in the celebrations.  I admit that during this time I began to feel “invinsible”, my energy had climbed a bit, so that I was able to do this.

However, at the same time I was engaging in the very emotionally taxing process of having my voice heard regarding Fraser Health’s mandate of having MAiD in hospices and palliative care.  I wrote a letter to the editor which was published in my local paper.  Then I crashed.  I poured my heart and energy into a letter which I was proud of.  But I was reminded I am not invinsible!  God is indeed reminding me of my humanity! (And this is a very good thing!!!)

I shared briefly on Easter Sunday morning at my church about my story (see subsequent post) and then I RESTED.

I recouped enough energy to be able to present at the Fraser Health Public Board meeting yesterday.  The newspaper covered the event and wrote this article.  I understand that MAiD is here to stay and I am not petitioning against that; but, it is my hope that Fraser Health will revisit conversations to find a way to create a MAiD-free space within the health region (ideally hospices which are built upon the premise of not hastening death). 

I will also be on CKNW 980, The Lynda Steele show tomorrow (april 13) speaking about this issue.



……..Next plan ----- finish my novel!!!!  I’ve set it aside for a bit, I am so ready to pick it back up and hang out with Ella and the girls some more!!! (Writing this is so fun and while rewarding it is emotionally exhausting to participate in the MAiD conversation).

Thanks for your continued support!  I appreciate you wrapping me in your prayers.  I love you guys.

XOXO
Cheryl

 



No comments:

Post a Comment