Monday, August 26, 2019

An Afternoon "with" Brene Brown and my Daughter






❤️
Ps by "with" I mean immersed in Brene's writing. By "afternoon" I mean 10 minutes---they were absolutely splendid 😊
❤️
I've always loved reading to this girl, it was one of my first motherhood delights. Now I get to read alongside her!!!  This was a very sweet moment today while her little brother and sister played at the park. Bless this girl and bless this momma's heart.
❤️
Here's a powerful snippet I read today from Brene Brown's "Dare to Lead":
❤️
"'the courage to be vulnerable is not about winning or losing, it's about the courage to show up when you can't predict or control the outcome."
❤️
These words are fitting as tomorrow morning I will show up at my oncologist's office- optimistic, confidently hopeful for good news, but- oh so vulnerable as I wait for him to voice my MRI results.  This is what courage looks like in my life today. How about yours?  I'd truly love to hear your stories.
❤️ 

XOXO
Cheryl

One more pic because I love this girl so much ❤️





No comments:

Post a Comment