Tuesday, August 27, 2019

MRI RESULTS DAY





It felt so odd this morning to be planning my oncologist visit amidst regular errands and the ever long "to-do" list. It's the dance between the cancer world and the non-cancer world.  Yet more and more they blend. And isn't that the truth. Everyone has mountains to face in life; your mountain may be different than my mountain, but that does not make it any less of a mountain. And, if we're lucky, life keeps traipsing on.
.
Today I'm mindful that I am more than the disease I've been diagnosed with.  I am Cheryl with my inborn gifts and passions. I am wife, mother, daughter, friend.  I am more than my prognosis. A prognosis is merely an average.  My friends, I am more than just an average!  As a pharmacist I tried to focus on my patients as people, not the person on x,y, or z med. Not the statistics that evidence based medicine is grounded on. A person with a body, mind and soul.  Human. Just like me.
.
As we find our common ground in our humanity we can rejoice together wholeheartedly and mourn together wholeheartedly.
.
Today my heart swells excitedly that I can ask you to CELEBRATE with me in my GOOD MRI RESULTS! No signs of cancer growth. Next scan in 6 months.
.
Thank you for journeying with me ❤️
.
XOXO
Cheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment