Saturday, September 14, 2019

September 14 Gratitude: mundane moments


<<Sept 14 Gratitude: mundane moments>>
.
I realized today just how powerful my intentional daily gratitude journey is.  I felt nothing overt to be grateful for; the day was a busy morning to and fro with kids' soccer and an afternoon of a WHOLE LOT of cleaning.
.
Then
.
I was washing my second sinkful of dishes and a thought popped into my mind, "I am grateful to be able to serve my family by doing our dishes."
.
This is important because 1) I am sure it was my regular gratitude practice that caused this thought to pop in unsolicited.
2) I am alive to do dishes.
.
Nearly three years ago,  with a Stage 4 Glioblastoma diagnosis, I did not think I would be alive to watch my kids getting bigger, I did not think I would be cleaning their messes, breaking up their fights, and washing their laundry. .
Today I am grateful for the opportunity to be alive and living into these mundane moments.
.
As Brene Brown says, "the most joy is found in ordinary moments."
.
Today was a powerful shift of perspective. That's what Gratitude does.  One of my greatest hopes is that I can inspire you to find joy: in celebratory times, in sorrowful timed, and in mundane times.
.
Have a grateful day
.
XOXO
Cheryl
.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Gratitude, like positivity, is like a muscle which grows stronger (and easier to exercise) the more you use it. Thanks for this short yet powerful reminder to e grateful and find joy in the lottle things... and even those mundane moments.

    ReplyDelete