Thursday, September 12, 2019

September 12 Gratitude: Rest and stopping to smell the roses



.
With September comes soccer practices X 3 kids, soccer games x 3 kids, piano lessons, making sure piano is practiced, making lunches, helping with homework...a busy pace. A tired mom.
.
I have to stop and remind myself that I am not super human. "Be kind to yourself Cheryl", I've learned to say since my counselor pressed on me my need to learn grace for myself. (Indeed, I used to think I was a super mom when my twins were little --- and that didn't end well: shame, anxiety, and serious illness)
.
Today I am grateful for all I have learned about myself in the past year: that my personality is an over achiever and that can have detrimental health effects if not kept in check. (Yes I'm ennaegram 3)
.
Today I am grateful to stop and literally smell the roses.
.
Nearly 3 years ago when I created my cancer battle plan, my dear friend pointed out that I had failed to include: REST. .
Today I shall
.
Rest....and be grateful for it.
.
XOXO
Cheryl
.

No comments:

Post a Comment