Saturday, September 7, 2019

Sept. 7 Gratitude: Raspberries


<<September 7 Gratitude>> Raspberries.
.
My husband Ryan picked up some local raspberries last night. I love how fall is so much longer in the Fraser Valley (compared to the prairies where I grew up) and that the delights of summer  trickle into fall.
.
Raspberries are my favorite fruit.  Today they remind me of the summer after my first year university. I moved back home for the summer and my mom had raspberries in our backyard. Every morning before work I would suntan, eat raspberries and read. Sweet memories.
.
Recently I asked my oncologist if I would ever regain more energy post radiation, chemo and the trauma of brain surgery and my glioblastoma diagnosis. He encouraged me to visualize the energy I used to have, to visualize times in the past when I had high levels of energy,  as a tool to improve and regain my former energy level.  He also said there is no reason I shouldn't regain pre-cancer energy levels.  He empowered me.
.
 Today as I enjoy my fresh raspberries and practice gratitude I "feel" the youth of being 18 again 😊.

XOXO
Cheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment