Sunday, September 15, 2019

September 15 Gratitude: my husband





<<September 15 Gratitude>> This man, my husband♥️.
.
Today my gratitude is for Ryan, my husband, who I fell in love with at 18 years old, who 20 years later is still the love of my life. I love him with the same passion of our youth, but with the maturity that comes with years. .

Last night he read my post and gave me a big hug and said, "I'm glad you're here to do dishes too." Out of context that comment would seem snide.  But this was a heart felt truth.  Acknowledging our reality.
.

I am so grateful for my partner in life. One who battles alongside me for hope, for perspective, for life, for love.  Never giving up on me, on us.  Facing the difficult head on and wading through the muck with tremendous optimism.
.

I am grateful for this man who is my husband and a brilliant father to our children. A man who stayed when twin parenting almost drove him to the edge. A man who has been nothing but steadfast in this impossible journey of ours.
.

I am blessed to be his wife.  And in my visualization exercises I envision us growing old together.  I choose to be courageous and believe for this "impossible" with tears in my eyes.  To hope for this is to open myself up for deep hurt, but if Brene Brown has taught me anything, I will only find wholehearted living and love if I open myself up to be vulnerable. Another book I read (Getting well again by Simonton) speaks that others may call it false hope to believe for the impossible.  But, Simonton asserts, the only other option is to live in hopelessness. So I will be courageous and choose Hope. .
I figured one of these days I would post gratitude for this man, I didn't know how deep the emotion would strike. I am so grateful for him ♥️.
.
Who can you tell today, that you are grateful for them?
.
XOXO
Cheryl
.

No comments:

Post a Comment